Paranoid installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
A lot of people followed and helped my install last year with my nc30. Heat my house like a champ. But after installing my block off plate inrealised I did not set any screws at the stove collar, 45 degree angle , or where my 25 ft liner meets my angle. There was a good weight pushing down on these parts making a snug fit. Is there anything to worry about or do you think it wil be fine ? Thanks again

One good "woof" could separate the connection to the liner and you wouldn't know it with the blockoff plate installed. Put'em in there. Back when I bought my first 30-NC they didn't have the holes pre-drilled in the flue collar. I drilled the sucker and installed the screws.

Most definitely install the screws. I have personally had a backpuff that made me thank my lucky stars that the screws were in place. Just do it.

Last edited:
Going to have to drop my block plate sigh.... Getting in a hurry never helps during projects. One day I will learn. Will do once other projects are finished
Thanks again. During install all that weight pressing down seemed assuring

I am all too familiar with piles of projects, but this is one that really should be done before your next heating season. And the piece of mind that comes with it is priceless.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Most definitely add the screws.

Add the screws and I like the heat tape to ensure it....

Status
Not open for further replies.