Part 2: Stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
We started stacking up this pile yesterday:

100_0133-1.jpg

Looks empty now, but by the end of yesterday it was filled up.
100_0134-1.jpg

And the rest are what remains from what was done last year.
Hard maple:
100_0135.jpg

Hickory:
100_0136.jpg

Ah, sweet, sweet apple:
100_0137.jpg

Hickory hollows that will become flower planters:
100_0138.jpg

A real mix: some elm, some pear, some of this 'n that:
100_0143.jpg

A mix of, I believe, oak, locust and a touch of box elder on the top:
100_0144.jpg

Splits in front are elm, my current 'draw from pile':
100_0145.jpg

Wow that looks great Shari! I like your pallet shelters they look like they'd work great for short money! I did see the videos too, very nice indeed.. I assume your log lifter uses a small DC cable winch to lift the table? Very cool and a real back saver too.. It would be even better if you added a log stop on the other side to prevent a log from rolling off as that would really hurt if it landed on you..

Ray

Yup, there is a stop but probably not visible in the images.

As far as the stacks go: I've got short money on some tarps, some screws, a little bit of rope and a couple lengths of electrical conduit which holds the 'flap' down against the winter snow. I even recycled some plywood from a replaced roof on our patio. Thanks for your comments!

Does the heart good just to look at it, doesn't it? Congrats!

Pallets and plywood. That's all I've ever had (except for when I tried blue tarps one year).

Looks like a nice put up.

Good work Shari.

Status
Not open for further replies.