Part 3: Action video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you post something just above where you type is a button that says <youtube> Click on that and it will take you where you need to go.
Good luck!

Now if there was a way to delete a post??? Does anyone know how to do that???

Shari said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzfFOrUjAs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Hmm... the link is above but how do I actually get the video posted here?

Looks pretty slow, especially with 2 people working. It would be extremely easy to split that thing if working vertically and you would not need a lift nor would you have to lift the log. It does look as if they are new to the splitting so they can be excused.

Ah, Backwoods, you picked up on their inexperience! Normally I'm the splitter operator - but our son just 'had' to come over and play with the new toy. :)

Ya, I know how those things go Shari. At least you got some work out of him for a while. lol

If the ram is going to move that slowly, you definitely need to figure out a way to make that a four way splitter......ergonomically, mechanical lifting is always preferred over physical labor

You would also have to be bending over to split vertically. None for me thanks. I'd rather roll the log and wait for it to be lifted. You still have to crank that through the split 5 or 10 times to get your splits - all done while standing...

Status
Not open for further replies.