Part B Bulk fill pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
image.jpeg

That's a great question! Both bags and all the hardware set me back almost $900. I think ( haven't got the bill yet) it was around $289 a ton for the bulk fill. So what do I save? I figure 4 years of physical labor. I don't have room in the garage so after my first year of carrying each bag, down into the basement ( I'm an old fart) I decided to look for something easier. So, for every person who simply calls a dozen stores, gets the best price and arranges a delivery that includes pallets being dropped off inches from a door, I was the other guy, you probably know him.....I drove all over creation, hitting my box stores, hardware stores, farm stores and stove stores, getting X amount of bags every week. Because that's what you do when you get your first stove and you get hooked into a good stove forum...you've got to learn, to experience the good, the bad and the ugly. After a year, my stove told me she liked softwood the best, I found this company....end of story. Short answer, probably nothing, but it's a lot easier....Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.