Party, Beer, Free Wood... Update w/Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy

Oct 8, 2008
Lakes Region, NH
I was at a B-Day party yesterday afternoon and saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while. We got talking about woodstoves (which drove some people away :coolgrin: ) and I had mentioned my questionable wood supply come Feb. He said he had 9+ cords of wood stacked and 3 in the driveway - come on up and get as much as you want. I don't have a truck right now so... He said I can take his dump body. It gets better! He said the majority of the wood in the driveway is black locust - he has friends in the logging biz. that keep dropping the wood at his house. He also mentioned that I can grab as much dry stuff as I need.

This is gonna be a good week.
Rob

Update: 11/08- The new stack is the one on the front left and there is another stack half that height directly behind. I figure it was about a 2/3 cord score (my uneducated guess). My brother in-law didn't have the side rails on his dump body when we went north to get this load of goodies but it all turned out good anyway. This load should make my winter worry-free as far as supply-wise. We pulled in to the driveway and had free pickings from a monster holz hausen...

Attachments

• Wood '09 001.jpg
    Wood '09 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 455
  • Wood '09 002.jpg
    Wood '09 002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 446
  • Wood '09 003.jpg
    Wood '09 003.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 441
  • Wood '09 004.jpg
    Wood '09 004.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Wood '09 005.jpg
    Wood '09 005.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 456
  • Wood '09 006.jpg
    Wood '09 006.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 442
I refuse to believe this.

What kind of a friend is he? He didn't offer to deliver it, split it a little smaller for you and stack it?

I hate to say this, but you took advantage of your drunk friend. He was way drunk, he will deny it when he is sober. But on the other hand, way to go!!

grab me a little of the dry stuff...or at least get me an address where I can go pick some up !!!!!!!!!! You did good.....

Rob, are there any more parties coming up? lol

Birdman1 said:

Same here, at least until you post pics (remember, pic or it didn't happen). :coolsmile:

and this one time at band camp :lol:

myzamboni said:
Birdman1 said:

Same here, at least until you post pics (remember, pic or it didn't happen). :coolsmile:

I'll post pics as the piles arrive, hopefully Wed.-Thur. night.

Glad to hear you are all set for this winter. Now you can busy yourself getting ready for 2010-2011! That is good.

Did you "moisture test" this free wood first? Or are you going to demand he take it all back once you get it to your house? Don't get ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.