1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

PC-45 Ignitor issues

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mrfire, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Mrfire

Mrfire Member

Loc:
    Vancouver
    I have a PC45 that is going through ignitors like peez. The air pump has a meter put on it and is working to factory specs. The voltage to the ignitor is bang on. The unit has the interior parts cleaned and has the air channels and vent cleaned every 4 - 6 weeks. The average life of an ignitor that I am seeing on my unit is 60 days. Anyone else else having this issue or know whats going on?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Northwoodneil

Northwoodneil Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Land of Cheese
    My stove is a 2006 and still running on it's original igniter. I would have to think it's an air pump problem. If they blink for a second the igniter is fried from what I hear. Bioburner may know more when he shows up.
  3. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    I wish I could put some first hand enlightment on your ignitor problem but have had no problems with either of my stoves. Yet. I would suspect the control board is not turning the ignitor down before the pump hence toasting your ignitors.