PDV-25 Igniter not igniting the pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ToddPost

Dec 4, 2017
Bear Valley Springs, Ca
I have a PDV-25 that I bought used. I got it all hooked up and went to start it. The ingnitor glows orange but won’t ignite the pellets. I suspected a faulty igniter so I replaced it. Same results, it glows but does not ignite the pellets. I changed the position of the igniter based on info I found on here. 1/8-1/4”;from the opening. Still the same results, I glows but doesn’t ignite the pellets. I even tried removing the hole cover where the igniter slides in to allow more air. Once again, same results.
I’m kind of stumped. Any ideas? I may try another igniter but don’t want to keep throwing parts at it.
Thanks, Todd

I have a PDV-25 that I bought used. I got it all hooked up and went to start it. The ingnitor glows orange but won’t ignite the pellets. I suspected a faulty igniter so I replaced it. Same results, it glows but does not ignite the pellets. I changed the position of the igniter based on info I found on here. 1/8-1/4”;from the opening. Still the same results, I glows but doesn’t ignite the pellets. I even tried removing the hole cover where the igniter slides in to allow more air. Once again, same results.
I’m kind of stumped. Any ideas? I may try another igniter but don’t want to keep throwing parts at it.
Thanks, Todd

I have 2 Englander stoves and the glow igniters are temperamental. I disconnected mine and use gel starter and have no more issues.

Yeah, I’m kind of leaning that way. The igniters on Amazon are $40. The ones from Englander are $70. Probably both made by the same 10 year old kid in China. I’m thinking it’s not worth the hassle.

Yeah, I’m kind of leaning that way. The igniters on Amazon are $40. The ones from Englander are $70. Probably both made by the same 10 year old kid in China. I’m thinking it’s not worth the hassle.
LOL :)

Are you waiting long enough for pellets to build up and light? my stove takes 5-10 min before i have a good flame