PE Alderlea T-5 air settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
The stove being new and the air setting lever having no detents or reference marks made it tricky to establish air settings.. My solution was to measure the air lever from wide open to the lowest air setting.. The range was 8" so I dabbed a white paint marker every 2" so now I know the air at a glance in 25% increments.. Thought other PE owners might find this a handy way to learn their stoves as well..

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 10 01 003 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 01 003 (Medium).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 172
Interesting, my T6 has high and low marks on the ash lip with a small scale between the H and L marks

certified106 said:
Interesting, my T6 has high and low marks on the ash lip with a small scale between the H and L marks

This stove has little marks for high and low on the ash lip that are nearly impossible to see and one in the middle.. I broke it into quarters with just a dab of paint and you can see that in very low light..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.