PE Energy Ash Lip Bent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2879

Nov 8, 2010
Western MA
I was noticing that the ash lip on the bottom of the door now as a bow to it. Has this happened to anyone else? It had to get pretty hot to bend steel like that I would assume. I think ash might have gotten under the center of it by the holes, and maybe it caused it to not sit flat and the prolonged heat warped it. Is this item covered by warantee by any chance?

Nope, not bent here. It is only held in place by 2 small 7/16" bolts I think. You can't really lean on it or rest heavy splits on it, if you do, there is your problem.
Don't think it gets hot enough to warp from heat. Not here anyway.

I think he is talking about the piece across the front below the glass. A while back some people had problems with it bowing because PE had made a change in it and when it got hot it didn't have enough expansion room. Several said that PE sent them a replacement but I can't find the threads right now.

He needs to talk to his dealer.

BrotherBart said:
I think he is talking about the piece across the front below the glass. A while back some people had problems with it bowing because PE had made a change in it and when it got hot it didn't have enough expansion room. Several said that PE sent them a replacement but I can't find the threads right now.

He needs to talk to his dealer.

Oh, if your talking about the boost manifold inside the stove below the door.... yes they had issues where PE cut them too long, they expand and jamb on both ends then warp.
PE will replace with a correct pc. Talk to your dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.