PE fp30 Blower fan dead...full load in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fordtrucknut

Nov 24, 2015
missouri
The blower fan on my FP30 just stopped blowing out of nowhere... full load of wood, -4° outside...
nice....
How does warranty work on these things? Nearest dealer is 2 hours away...

Supply power is good, and fan controller is good (and I removed it completely too)

Look for a wire connector that is not seated properly on it's terminal. Try jumping out the snap switch.

Call the dealer, and you can prolly mail or overnight it to them. If mailing, I would certified return receipt it to have a record of them receiving it, or send priority, they give you a tracking number with that these days.

I found the problem, the thermal switch to turn the fans on automatically was periodically failing,
I took the switch out of the system and it has been performing fine for 2 days.

All I have to do is make sure I turn the fan on manually, which I had to do anyways with my speed controller because the switch would hold the fan on long after the fire had died out. So I turn if off manually.