PE Pacific Insert (D1) Blower Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The PE was installed in 2008, heats fine. I've replaced the blower 2 X's. Once under warranty and once not.

Last night , I fired off, and no blower. Nadda, nyet, nyenti.

Checked the outlet (plugged in a box fan into both sections, worked fine. ). Checked the cord, no gouges, nicks, etc. Switch was in "on" position, ready to roll.

The last time I bought a blower was from Tom Oyen (4 years ago, maybe? ). I went to the PE website, checked for manual. No Pacific listed, but the Super is there ( I know the Super was preceded by the Pacific, and they are basically the same). Part # for the blower is SPNE.4576R (R for right side, which is where mine is).

My question is.... is it going to fit? I see it's available with / with out the AC cord, I assume the cord can be swapped out? The last one from Tom came with a cord, but no biggie.

I just want to make this as painless as possible, and get it right the first time.

I am aware it could be the sensor, I'll probably order that as well, I doubt it would hurt to have both.

Thoughts, guidance most appreciated :)

*Watches this go to the PE thread right quick, I forgot about that* :mad:

This could be the switch and not the blower. Usually they give a hint before failing like slowing down, squealing or excess hum. It would be good to check and make sure that is the issue. To test the snap switch, jump across it so that it is not in the circuit.

This could be the switch and not the blower. Usually they give a hint before failing like slowing down, squealing or excess hum. It would be good to check and make sure that is the issue. To test the snap switch, jump across it so that it is not in the circuit.

I always leave the switch on "come on when temps meet sensor temps", but I'll have it checked. It was not acting up, to my knowledge.

Thanks, BG !

Snap switch thermostats are a common failure point but I'm not sure if this is the case here. Is the left fan coming on and not the right one? If so, it is the right blower or the wiring going to it. If neither blower comes on, then the snap switch is the first thing to check.

Unit only has the one blower.

Why were you running your stove on long island this week? I almost turned my AC on.

Sick as a dog, and I live in Icy Hollow, out in the Pine Barrens.

Reactions: kborndale
Sick as a dog, and I live in Icy Hollow, out in the Pine Barrens.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly.
I got thrown by the "right side" model, thinking it was like the Summit. First check the snap switch. The blower's new part number is 80000905.

This place sells a China replacement that might be attractive. It's less than a third of the OEM blower.
https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.com/products/pacific-energy-right-side-blower-motor-80000905-amp

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly.
I got thrown by the "right side" model, thinking it was like the Summit. First check the snap switch. The blower's new part number is 80000905.

This place sells a China replacement that might be attractive. It's less than a third of the OEM blower.
https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.com/products/pacific-energy-right-side-blower-motor-80000905-amp

It's all pollen allergies, BG,I 'll be fine, but thanks.

Off to check them out !!

Last edited:
I thought so, too.

If I order from the company in my link, free shipping over $199. 2 Fans + 2 sensors do the trick.

Seems like a win/win to me.

And, I've got back up :)

Update.

Got home from work tonight, and after thought, just ordered 1 piece each of sensor & fan assembly. Be herein less than a week .

News 12 says going down into the 30's tonight, and maybe tomorrow night, so I fired off the PE, knowing it could handle the whole house in late May even without the blower.

Rechecked the cord, outlet, etc. Allgood. Reset the rocker and fan switches, and Presto Chango, we have lift off :mad:;em

At least I'll have backup ;lol

Yay. A spare is handy. At least you didn't order two.

Lows in the 30s? What a whacky spring this is.

Update part 2- I left the stove running this morning...it was at 400F,fan was running. When I came home from work, fire had died out, and the fan was still running. Also ordering a new rocker switch ;em

Sweet sandal wearing Jesus!!!

Fan went off during the day from the fire last night, and I started the PE about 1/2 hour ago, and the freaking fan came on :mad: ;lol

Snap disk failures are often intermittent. If the stove has a lot of ash in it, that can insulate the floor of the firebox and slow down the heating of the switch too.

Snap disk failures are often intermittent. If the stove has a lot of ash in it, that can insulate the floor of the firebox and slow down the heating of the switch too.

I had cleaned it out, thinking I was done. Silly me.

Ca
The PE was installed in 2008, heats fine. I've replaced the blower 2 X's. Once under warranty and once not.

Checked the outlet (plugged in a box fan into both sections, worked fine. ). Checked the cord, no gouges, nicks, etc. Switch was in "on" position, ready to roll.

The last time I bought a blower was from Tom Oyen (4 years ago, maybe? ). I went to the PE website, checked for manual. No Pacific listed, but the Super is there ( I know the Super was preceded by the Pacific, and they are basically the same). Part # for the blower is SPNE.4576R (R for right side, which is where mine is).

My question is.... is it going to fit? I see it's available with / with out the AC cord, I assume the cord can be swapped out? The last one from Tom came with a cord, but no biggie.

I just want to make this as painless as possible, and get it right the first time.

I am aware it could be the sensor, I'll probably order that as well, I doubt it would hurt to have both.

*Watches this go to the PE thread right quick, I for

*Watches this go to the PE thread right quick, I forgot about that* :mad:
Can the stove be used without the blower? Mine just started to make noise

Yes, it can. The noise may be from imbalance. Remove the blower and clean it. If it is more of a squeal then the bearings may be running dry.

Yes, it can. The noise may be from imbalance. Remove the blower and clean it. If it is more of a squeal then the bearings may be running dry.
So it will not damage anything? , is that stove ever sold without the blower? Also i took it off and blew it out and it still squeels on the shop bench so the bearings are shot Thanks for the response!

No, it won't damage anything as long as the insert is run at normal temps.

I agree with @begreen.

Whenever I was without the blower, because of the extended front door, if I had too, I'd put a small table fan to the side and aim it in the direction the fan would blow (my PE is to the left, not sure if there were other options).

Strategic ceiling fans, and a box fan kept the house @ 76F in 15F weather.

I did learn that the stove burns differently without the blower. With my usual load system, it burned hotter with out the fan to cool down the firebox.

I quickly learned to readjusted my load system for those occasions ;)