PE Summit Pedestal Cold Start Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back to see where I said no ash at all, because obviously there will be some. I actually said very little ash, which I would still say. I've removed ash two or three times this burning season in total. It's a rare occurrence for certain.
It's in your signature.

Sorry, that's meant to represent 'no ash drawer'. I put it there in case I was having any issues and asking for help, to clarify my set-up. I fixed it up.

Oh, gotcha. That makes sense.

Thought I'd bump my own oldish thread. Just hit 750+ stovetop on the trusty summit. That burns the last of the dust off the nooks and crannys this year. Been watching stack temps creep back down since I turned it right down, always nice to see things cooperating and doing what they're supposed to when you're running warm.

A load of small to medium size splits of soft wood will take you up to soiled shorts real quick. After a while you'll experiment with larger splits, and get what loads work best for your situation.

Ha. User error is definetly the one factor that's hard to remove. This morning I was relighting my stove and cursing the thing for being so difficult to get going...........before I realized I hadn't turned the air up at all. :mad: :(

Ha. User error is definetly the one factor that's hard to remove. This morning I was relighting my stove and cursing the thing for being so difficult to get going...........before I realized I hadn't turned the air up at all. :mad: :(

I would bet that most of us here have done this before . . . wondering why the fire will just not take off like it usually does . . . and then at some point realize the error of our ways. D'oh!

Reactions: Squisher
Yup did this the other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.