PE Summit stovetop discoloration..normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they can get hot quite easily. I was keeping in mind this thread last night while my over night load was settling in and had a peak stove top temperature of 675 f measured at the collar with my IR, it was loaded to the gills with larch.

With the deflector there, it is creating a hot spot IMO, and I am not so sure I like that. It is concentrating heat in that one area. The theory seems good, but the actuality seems like they may have some issues there, and would really suck if there were any warranty claims due to this, that may be denied due to citing overfiring conditions.
I still have not measure my old baffle to the new one, but seems like the new ones are shorter up front, not extending as far forward as I remember. This may be to remedy the cracking issues the A series had. Maybe they created the deflector to slow the flames and recreate the distance the old baffle use to have/ I dunno, pure speculation on my part until I get some measurements.
I also moved my two thermos to the center of the insert face overt the door. I used to have them over the corners. Quite a drastic temp difference. Hope they are wrong.
That stove top will get red if the air id left open too long, and this will be due to that deflector.
I will say of all the issues I had with my A series, that thing never, ever got red. Except for the baffle and sometimes the baffles rails, but that was not an issue.
Time will tell I guess.
I wish they would have a rep on here like some other manufacturers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.