1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

PE Vista Blower issues

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Walter, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Walter

Walter New Member

I have a 5yearold PE Vista C Wood Insert. The Fan(blower) turns on and works when I switch it to ON. But in "AUTO" mode will not come on. Is there something I can replace or check? The Installer wants 150$ just to come look at it So Im trying to save money here.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    It sounds like the snap switch may have given up. This should be pretty simple to fix. You'll need to pull off the back heat shield, remove the old snap switch and replace it with a new one of the same rating/values. A new snap switch should be under $15.
  3. Walter

Walter New Member

That's what I thought. I pulled the front blower assembly off (2 screws ya!) and saw that part. I figured it was some sort of thermostat. According to the manual This is the part

Problem is I don't know what the rating is. Would be it listed in the manual? I have that here. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1PbqeaEO6Uw4KVW0NNWGyAnDZwVv5lLTagQdIC_DtABE
  4. Walter

Walter New Member

Just an Update. After pulling the blower assembly off. I just did a quick cleaning while I was in there. Tonight when I started the Fire. It turned on on its own! Guess I needed a good cleaning.