Pecan wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Has anyone else ever burn pecan it seems to leave a ton of ash if i clean my ht2000 out at night the next night it has way more than the recommended amount of ash your supposed to have in it. This thing holds coals for a long time thats from being loaded at 11. Pm last night

Attachments

• 20191115_105442.jpg
    20191115_105442.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 132
Ash should be similar amount to Hickory I'd think, as the woods are related. But I haven't burned load after load of just Hickory, only mixed some splits in with other stuff so IDK..

Most woods leave similar amounts of ash - .3 to .6% by weight.
Most bark leaves 3-5% ash by weight.
There could be a lot of variation in how dense the remaining ash is.
I've seen what looks like a lot of ash left behind, like with say silver maple.
But after it's either crushed by adding more and more wood, or when it's stored in a bucket with 3wks worth of silver maple or 3wks worth of oak, it all seems to take up similar amounts of space. Yet one was really fluffy to begin with, the other not at all.

Reactions: Woody Stover
The pecan burn good and hot and last too my dad likes oak the best i like pecan myself