Pedestal for scrap metal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
So, I've got my stove on the legs, not the pedestal. Can't ever see needing it, but I thought I'd get some viewpoints and opinions before I did something stupid. Do I toss the pedestal into the pile of scap I'll be taking in this summer, or do i store it away in the barn or basement "Just in case"? how likely am I to break a leg on my stove? I think that's about the only reason i can see that I'd need the pedestal.

It would be nice for Englander to provide a recycling program for unused bases.

BeGreen said:
It would be nice for Englander to provide a recycling program for unused bases.
or sell:
Model#-L (for legs) and the same Model#-P (for pedestal)

Nothing against pedestal lovers, but when I see a new stove on a pedestal-> every stove I ever saw dated 1960-80 flashes through my mind. I know it's crazy, but i just cant help it, lol.

I'm a leg man myself.

Danno,
My last stove was on legs and was a chore to keep clean underneath.
I'm luvin this pedestal on mine.
Might want to hang on to it for a bit............
rn

rustynut said:
My last stove was on legs and was a chore to keep clean underneath.
I'm luvin this pedestal on mine.

That is the best justification I have heard yet and you are right. Just wish they had put a pizza oven in mine instead of the ash bucket I never use.

Our Liberty in the house sits on legs, and we love it. Keeping it neat underneath is no biggie...a quick sweep every few days (gotta do that anyway, because of the wood on the big hearth). My shop stove's on a pedestal, with the ash drawer in it beneath the box. I like the stove just fine, but I never use the dumb ash drawer. If my Liberty had come with both legs and a pedestal, I would long ago have gotten rid of the pedestal. Can't think of any use for it whatever. Rick

I'm entering an anti-clutter stage so yeah, trash it. We'd rather have our stove sitting on bricks on all 4's than on a pedestal... it's handy to place wet wood/hearth tools under the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.