Pel-pro pp130 venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eblimm

Nov 28, 2020
New york
I recently acquired a pel-pro pp130 for my apartment to cut some heating costs this winter and am getting ready to install my exhaust venting. My issue is there is an existing 8" single wall chimney that was used for a previous wood stove and the chimney extends about 8 foot past the roof. I have been able to find an 8" to 3" reducer to connect to the existing pipe that is there but my question is will I have issues with this set up as the pel pro manual says to use either 4" or 3" pipe. I really don't want to reline the chimney as it is an apartment and the cost of the pellet stove approved relining kits is quite pricy ($700+) and as I mentioned earlier the chimney extends 8' past the roof line. If worse came to worse could I reline the chimney by dropping in the duralock pellet stove pipe?

Also another question I have is if my I will have issues using the existing 8" pipe will a draft inducer such as the attached picture solve my issue?
Screenshot_20220926-104746_Chrome.jpg

My pellet stove is vented into 12 ft of Class A Chimney (old Wood stove )
have never had a problem in 22 years.

General rule is run a liner. However many quality stoves can vent into a 8" and work just fine, My Integra has been vented into a 12" square ex wood stove chimney for many years. I do not consider a PP130one of these stoves. Best you sent a email or phone call the manufacturer.
As far as the booster,I know of no legal or safe way to use one, on pellet pipe, and I could foresee stove running problems with the stove.