Pellet Bag Transfer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some even pinch it between two washers and use a self tapping screw to ground the inside also with just the tip of the screw sticking in pipe.

How about rigging up a cheap electric winch attached to a bucket to hold the bag. Put a 2x12x16 board for it to slide up on.

I use my 18 year old slave he will lift carry, dig and clean for small handouts

Some even pinch it between two washers and use a self tapping screw to ground the inside also with just the tip of the screw sticking in pipe.
Allowing the sharp point of the grounded screw to proturde slightly into the tube is a great way to discharge static inside the tube. I would even put several screws along the length, all tied to the ground wire. They only need to proturde far enough for the sharp tip of the screw to be visible in the tube.

I presently transport my wood pellets from my metal carport to a wood hopper inside the house that sits next to my Harman PC45 pellet stove.
The metal carport is where I store my wood pellets (4 tons) and it is located approximately 90 to 95 feet from the pellet stove.
I buried a 1 1/4" black pipe from the carport to the house wood hopper.
In the carport I have a 55 gallon plastic barrel ( holds about 6 bags of wood pellets ) with the black pipe connected with pvc pipe fittings.
In the house between black pipe and wood hopper I have a CornVac and ShopVac that transfers the wood pellets.
From the wood hopper, I dump the pellets into a 5 gallon bucket then transfer them to the stove hopper.
I have yet to connect the wood hopper discharge to the pellet stove hopper.

May I ask how how much pellets the hopper holds? Have you had any problem with jamming? It'd be hard to clear if there was a jam, I imagine.

The wood pellet hopper holds about 2 bags. I would of liked it to hold more but I was limited to the space available.
Last year I had a problem with long pellets jamming at the plastic barrel connection to black pipe.
I burn White Lighting pellets and for some reason the batch I purchased last year had some pellets longer than 3/4".
This year I have not had that problem. I fill the barrel about one to two times a week (depending on the temperature).
The black pipe is the kind used for geothermal piping so there are no seams. So far no jams in black pipe.

I also was getting tired of hauling bags up and down into the basement so I built a large 1 ton box in my enclosed porch. I debag and dump the pellets in it which takes up less space than bags and lets the fines settle to the bottom, I use a 5 gallon bucket to scoop, carry and fill my pellet stove.

I presently transport my wood pellets from my metal carport to a wood hopper inside the house that sits next to my Harman PC45 pellet stove.
The metal carport is where I store my wood pellets (4 tons) and it is located approximately 90 to 95 feet from the pellet stove.
I buried a 1 1/4" black pipe from the carport to the house wood hopper.
In the carport I have a 55 gallon plastic barrel ( holds about 6 bags of wood pellets ) with the black pipe connected with pvc pipe fittings.
In the house between black pipe and wood hopper I have a CornVac and ShopVac that transfers the wood pellets.
From the wood hopper, I dump the pellets into a 5 gallon bucket then transfer them to the stove hopper.
I have yet to connect the wood hopper discharge to the pellet stove hopper.
Wow, so your vacs suck the pellets that 90 to 95 feet? That's impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.