1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

pellet brand question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by High Altitude, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Altitude

High Altitude New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    First I want to thank everyone on this website for answering all my questions and all the great information I found while searching.

I finished installing my stove and everything seems to be working fine.

I have a question about pellets.

The local store here has 3 brands.

CNZ
    Heartland
    Confluence energy which is a local mill in Colorado

I am sure the local home depot and most likely walmart/grocery stores sell pellets but I don't know the brands.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the 3 brands of pellets mentioned above?

I am planning on getting a bag or two of each and trying them out but if anyone has any experience with them, please let me know.

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Biglumber

Biglumber Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I have used the heartland brand in the past. No issues. If you find a local source in colorado, let me know. I appreciate it.
    Peace
  3. cheri25

cheri25 New Member

Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    This is my first year with a pellet stove and I just bought a couple bags of Hear'ts at our local Home Depot to see how they burn and also our local Costco will be getting in the Confluence Energy pellets ( from the local Colorado Mill in Kremmling) in a few days and I will try them too. I am hoping the Confluence Energy pellets burn well because I would rather buy a local Colorado product, they are cheaper, and because they are using beetle kill trees, there is no tax charged. They are about $4.00 a bag which equates to $200 a pallet, best price I've found around the Colorado Springs area.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

I wonder if the compressed beetles in the pellets will increase the BTU output????? LOL

Seriously, though, a good way to use those damaged trees.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.