Pellet choice in Bucks County PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All good, Alt. Apologies for being a bit testy.
Not a problem, I just figured you had an off day going on !

I burned AWF White Pine, which are rated as a Super Premium Pellet, when HD got a bunch in last month and was surprised at how well they did ( .25% ash 8600 BTU more or less). They burned hot and I rarely had to scrape the pot. My only issue is I was allergic to the pine but they burned clean and hot. And they were rather dusty so a bit hard to avoid contact of some sort. I burned about 12-15 bags of them but then my wrists started breaking out in a rash like my skin does when pine pollen is out in the spring, just not as severe. Itchy eyes etc.. So , great pellet but they have to be off my list.

Incidentally HD got $5.59 a bag for them or $269 a ton. They now are selling the filthy dirty Stove Chows ( by comparison) for the same price..

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
Status
Not open for further replies.