Pellet furnace PF 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeko

Nov 13, 2015
Williamstown Vermont
Hi all
I'm new to the pellet thing, we have bought a house with a harmon PF 100 furnace.I had a well known pellet stove person come in and clean, coach me and look over the furnace. We discovered the burnpot had a hole in it, and i replaced it with a new upgraded stainless steel version, [ apparently they have a had history of burn pots wearing out].
My question is i have 4 dip switches, what do they do?.[ they are currently in the down position]. it seems as though I am using to many pellets!! Looking to fine tune my unit. We have a small 1 story ranch, 1200 SF.
keeko

I have a PF120 (newer version of the PF100) and I don't believe there is anything in the manual regarding those dip witches so I wouldn't expect there to be in the user's manual for the PF100 either. I have never messed with mine, but I do remember seeing those switches discussed here on a few occasions, try searching for the words 'Harman' and 'dip' or 'switches'. I don't believe those switches control much as far as pellet usage is concerned other than the feed time one start up. How many pellets are you going through in a given period of time? What have the outdoor temperatures been in your area? How well sealed and insulated is your home? What temperature are you keeping the inside of your home at?

I think in the past I've read the strong suit of the Pellet furnaces and boilers to be heating the house evenly, not so much about doing that miserly on pellets.

Reactions: elevenMracing
I think in the past I've read the strong suit of the Pellet furnaces and boilers to be heating the house evenly, not so much about doing that miserly on pellets.

I would agree with that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.