Pellet insert - $2000 range? Breckwell / Napoleaon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djm3801

Jan 20, 2009
Eastern PA
I was looking at Harmons and Quadras last season for my kid. Too expensive. I have a freestandng breckwell over 10 years old. Still looks and works great. Thinking a p23 or p 24 insert. Also heard Napoleons are available by someone he knows. NPI40. Needs high BTU output. Any comments on these or simlar insert models appreciated. In stalling in a formal (light color sofas!) living room on a raised hearth. I like coal myself but not in a formal living room.

Thanks - great forum.

Dan

macman said:
How about this...newest stove in their product line. heats up to 2000sq. ft.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timber-Ridge-55...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5722fd6c

I just installed one of those new Englander inserts last week.

I replaced an older Englander 25 PI insert with the brand new model & couldn't be more impressed. It looks years ahead of the older style insert & has a simpler single auger feed system. I've used it several chilly evenings in the past week & it performed great.

I think Englander may have hit a home run with this new stove. It fits the hearth better than their older model.........it's a smaller unit with the same heat output in a much more attractive design.

PM me if you have any questions. You won't find a stove manufacturer with better customer service than Englander.

Tom

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 295
Just to give you a idea of the difference........here's the same view with the old style insert...........Please excuse the poor picture quality........I'm still using a 7 year old Sony mavica camera.........It just keeps working !

Tom

Attachments

• insert pellet.jpg
    insert pellet.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 268
Hey Tom, I see you and I are using the same old copper washtub for pellets.....works & looks great!!

macman said:
Hey Tom, I see you and I are using the same old copper washtub for pellets.....works & looks great!!

Kinda fits the decor great ! I have a old galvanized feed scoop stored in the tub to fill the stove hopper..........beats wrestling a 40 pound bag over a hot stove any day.

Tom

You know what copper costs these days? Big dofference in stove looks... I guess you can afford it if you still use a Mavica! I got my old one that uses a floppy disk somewhere. They were great in their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.