Pellet insert before and after

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Blueth

Jan 19, 2014
Virginia
House came with boring prefab wood fireplace. Owner previous to me crammed in a wood burner, even going as far as to cut tin from the prefab to make it fit. I'm pretty sure he shouldered the thing in there. Might as well have had a hole in the wall in leaked to bad. Not to mention the fire hazard. I gutted the thing and installed a Harman 52i pellet insert. Even sprung for the enamel paint. I have 2000 sf on the main level with vaulted ceilings and an open balcony to the second floor. This thing is fantastic. Heats up all the space no problem. It's almost too good. I have to turn it down so the heat pump kicks in and heats the basement. I plan on putting a pellet stove down there when I remodel it sometime in the future. If you're looking for a good pellet insert, this thing rocks. Well worth the money.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0217.JPG
    DSCN0217.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN0231.JPG
    DSCN0231.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0223.JPG
    DSCN0223.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: newbieinCT
That looks awesome!

Thanks. I got the design off houzz.com and made the surround out of MDF. Real easy. Ledge stone tile is great because I didn't have to grout afterwards.

If it burns half as good as it looks, your face will melt off.

beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.