1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Liner Flex Kit

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by titikiki, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titikiki

titikiki New Member

Loc:
    Calverton, NY
    With the help from advice on this forum I placed an order for the Mt Vernon Quadrafire Insert. The dealer stated that my present metal insert and piping would have to all come out. For venting up my wood chase he ordered 25' 3" Pellet Liner Flex Kit (Duravent). I had read on another posting here that flex can not be used with a wood chase. Is my dealer steering me wrong or is this actually a safe and correct option for the Mt Vernon? Thanks for any opinions. Happy 4th!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    you can not use flex inside a wood chase only in masonary you will need to run rigid pipe
  3. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Unless he is leaving the old ZC wood unit in there and running the flex up the old pipe? But if everything is coming out as he said you cannot use flex inside the wood chase, it must be rigid type L or pellet pipe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.