Pellet Opinons Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Premium is actually "Premier", both pellets have burned well for me in the past.

If the name is really "Premium", I have no idea.

As always, buy 3-4 bags of each and do some test burning before buy a large quantity.

Did the Premium have a picture of a stove on the bag? Most likely MWP if it did and will have MWP labelled on the bag. I'd give an edge to the AWF, But JIC try a few of each. Lots of members are enjoying the MWP.

TSC has American Wood Fiber or Premium Hardwood, both $ 214.50. I have an Enivro M55 insert, which pellets do you think are better?
Neither one of these pellets is at the bottom of the barrel, nor will either one of them make you say, "WOW!"....But for that price, you will not be overpaying by any means. As which one is better?....For the most part, when it comes to pellets, there really is no "better," as it is all personal preference.
If you wait until there are forty replies to this thread, you will see that there will be 20 people saying to burn "X" and 20 people saying to burn "Y."
What you really need to worry about is getting down there, buying them, and getting them put away before they are gone. TSC's idea of "seasonal" does not necessarialy coincide with the customer's idea of seasonal.

What you really need to worry about is getting down there, buying them, and getting them put away before they are gone. TSC's idea of "seasonal" does not necessarialy coincide with the customer's idea of seasonal.

Grass seed and lawn fert waiting in the wings.

I've burned AWF's this year because my stove likes them, but have never seen MWP's in my area. As someone has already stated, buy a few bags of both and see what works best in your stove. You can check out my "testing results" in my signature.

Do they look like this, I bought these at TSC? I have the regency gc60 which is the same as the enviro m55. These pellets smell nice, no chemical smell, minimum fines, but do have a pretty heavy ash load. I think I would buy them again though when this ton is gone. So far I have burned powerhouse, lignetics and now these. By far these win up to this point. Just my opinion but I hope it helps.

Attachments

• premium pellets.jpg
    premium pellets.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.