Pellet Pro II board repair and some Qs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kazo

Jan 15, 2024
Canada
Hello All,

I'm new here, pellet stoves are the new 'beasts' to me, but have been in repair/service field (industrial electronics & automation) over 50 years.

Posting here as I want to help friend of a friend (on pro bono basis) , who presented me with controll board with burns and defective components.

I was able to find some (all?) defective components, but have a problem with the value of R10 resistor (desoldered on a side of board) which measures ~8.5kOhms, but the codes read 12(3 or 4) 1, 123 or 124 ohms (the 3rd band not descernable, except for a light color) , not common values. Resistor itself doesn't show any thermal stress, nor triac Q3 to which it's connected is defective.

Can someone, who did such a repair, has a board, verify the value for me please?

TIA,

Kaz

20240118_185507.jpg

I see no takers, well..
Can someone tell me what are the options if I cannot fix the board?, from my (not in-depth) reading I understand there are some kits/upgrade for that Pellet stove, right?.
And can you tell me plz, if Pro Pellet II has different variants/model, or it stands as an unique model by itself?

Thanks

Reactions: ABusWrench