1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

pellet recommendations and facts for upstate NY.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Evi Morrison, Dec 24, 2012.

1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    Hmm, I am getting less ash and burn pot build up out of the North Americans than I am with sommersets or barefoots.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    Not my experience at all,... North Am yielded heavy clinkers and clumpy dirty ash while my Somersets leave light white fluff.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

While your experience seems to be unusual with the NA, I'm glad you found a pellet that works well in your stoves.
  4. Evi Morrison

Evi Morrison New Member

from my experince if NA has the least amount of ash your burning some crappy pellets. not trying to sound like a dick just had bad bad luck with pellets if your in a area that sells empire try them you will be amazed the diffrence
  5. Evi Morrison

Evi Morrison New Member

sorry i went to empire pellets there made real close to me and are a very very good pellet. never tried them and have them in your area try them
  6. Evi Morrison

Evi Morrison New Member

yes they are a Harman dealer also. i drool over the stoves when i go in there lol. found a good starter stove for this year but my next stove will be a HARMAN!!
  7. Chain

Chain Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lewis County, New York (upstate)
    I actually called Woldroff when I purchased my Harman P61A last spring but they were several hundred bucks more expensive than a closer Harman dealer. Not for the stove itself, but their installation fee was the difference I seem to recall.
  8. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    Although I have only tried 4 different kinds, to be frank NA's were the worst of all that I tried.
  9. jlupi

jlupi Member

Loc:
    hudson valley, ny
    I was surprised by NA. much better than i thought and way better than green supreme and instant heat. Somerset is def lighter in the ash dept.