Pellet sampling on a broad scale. Multiple burners=entertaining???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would multiple burners sampling pellets be useful to the group?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
j-takeman said:
Gio said:
Of great interest for sure and I am aware of the time / work involved but it`s all pretty much a waste of time for me since I buy early and have to burn whatever I`ve got stacked regardless of whether this years Lignetics are lousy or better than last years.
Aside from the high prices and lack of brand selection around here I find pellets can be inconsistant from year to year anyway , and often a roll of the dice.

I have my stash set too! Sometimes I wonder why even bother with this. But it is somewhat fun doing.

Could you check a local place for me? I think you said there was a lumber place that carried the Heartland Pellets made by Pope & Talbot Inc. Spearfish, SD. I might take a foliage run and see if I can score 2 bags to check out. TIA
LP Adams lumber co in Dalton Ma. It borders Pittsfield Ma to the east.
Let me know when you might come. I`ll try to get a couple bags for you. I liked these but at $315 a ton?

Gio said:
j-takeman said:
Gio said:
Of great interest for sure and I am aware of the time / work involved but it`s all pretty much a waste of time for me since I buy early and have to burn whatever I`ve got stacked regardless of whether this years Lignetics are lousy or better than last years.
Aside from the high prices and lack of brand selection around here I find pellets can be inconsistant from year to year anyway , and often a roll of the dice.

I have my stash set too! Sometimes I wonder why even bother with this. But it is somewhat fun doing.

Could you check a local place for me? I think you said there was a lumber place that carried the Heartland Pellets made by Pope & Talbot Inc. Spearfish, SD. I might take a foliage run and see if I can score 2 bags to check out. TIA
LP Adams lumber co in Dalton Ma. It borders Pittsfield Ma to the east.
Let me know when you might come. I`ll try to get a couple bags for you. I liked these but at $315 a ton?

Gio, If I can talk the misses into the trip? Its only about an hour and a half ride or so. I'll let you know. I have to tempt her with a nice meal on the way back home. Any nice but affordable(I'm fruggle ya know) places to get a bite?

Wow $315 a ton? eeek! There pricey. But If my memory serves me there a darned good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.