pellet stove auger kicks on when off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pucku11

Hearth Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
southern ma
i have a vistaflame pellet stove that is connected to a thermostat .when stove is off every so often it starts up drops a few pellets then shuts off ,then i would say20 min utes later it does it again ,and just keep doing that.other than that stove runs fine.it can be dangerous if off and burn pot fills to the top and then it tries to start any suggestions would be helpful thanks

Could be a messed up setting someplace (not familiar with the model), otherwise I would think the control board is bad.

What is the make and model of the thermostat? What is the differential (swing) for the thermostat set to? If it is too narrow, the stove could be getting on/off/on calls for heat. This can happen if the thermostat is too sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.