Pellet Stove Automation Wi-Fi ect.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineiacMoose

Oct 23, 2014
Maine
Hey all,

I just wanted to throw this out there for all of you. I came across a nifty thing that is working well for my stove. It is an Wi-Fi enabled outlet. I have my stove on a thermostat that I have set at the desired temp and on my way home from work I pick up my phone and turn the stove on. It will even tell me how much juice my stove is using to run. The outlet can also be programmed with a schedule to turn its self on and off.

This has been pretty handy as we are currently only using the pellet stove for supplemental heat.

Hope some of you can use this.
Maineiac

IMG_20161008_032701655_zpsh7pxsu91.jpg

I just saw one of those yesterday. Never thought to use it like that. Thanks for the info!

It would not be good to use on program mode though because if the stove happens to be on at the scheduled time to shut off via the outlet it's just gonna kill power to the stove leaving the stove to smolder out.

Status
Not open for further replies.