Hello The pellet stove was a Window Pellet Stove! http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120217/NEWS07/702179937 By PAT GROSSMITH UnionLeader.com ASSISTANT MANCHESTER POLICE CHIEF GARY SIMMONS, center, talks with District Fire Chief Al Poulin outside Simmons' fire-damaged home. Poulin said the fire, which caused about $50,000 in damage, happened in the area of a window pellet stove. PAT GROSSMITH PHOTO/UnionLeader.com MANCHESTER - A 10-minute fire caused $50,000 in damage Friday morning to the home of Assistant Police Chief Gary Simmons. A neighbor across the street from 154 Peak St. reported the blaze after seeing smoke about 8:45 a.m. coming from the single family, two-story home. District Fire Chief Al Poulin, who happened to be dropping off paperwork in the fire dispatch office, heard the call and immediately headed out to the scene. “When I drove up, fire was coming from the pellet stove area,” he said. The stove was in a window off the dining room/kitchen area. The first to arrive, he broke down a door but heavy smoke kept him from entering the home. No car was in the driveway or garage, a good indicator that no one was home, Poulin said. As it turned out, no one was home but Engine 5 firefighters, who arrived shortly after Poulin, entered the home and did a “primary search” of the basement, first and second floors.