Pellet Stove Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webmaster said:
penguins1 said:
Everytime I have ever tried any other pellets I have had even less success. I know the previous owners of the house only used the type of pellets I am using now. I went through the same thing last year, got some new pellets and they were even worse. This is just really frustrating! Fortunately the winter has been fairly mild so having the stove clogged or off a lot of the time isn't too bad.

There has got to be a relatively simple solution. I used some of fhe first AV 900 Pellet stoves and - if I may be so blunt - I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy! We didn't touch the stove until it was virtually clogged (months!) and even then it was working, just seemed a little woozy.......

If nothing here works, perhaps your dealer or an Avalon dealer here can get in touch with the factory to see if there is anything we have overlooked. I assume by model# that this is an older stoves, so perhaps really far out things like the combustion blowers slowing down are possible???

Definitely they do! Possibly get your hands on a new comb blower, switch it out and try it.......whats abt intake dampers being clogged or sticking as well?

I know some of you mentioned about the ash in my stove. In some spots it is really dark and thick black and others it is lighter and more fine. Does this give me a hint at all?

Changed out the two combustion blower gaskets last night. Seemed to be buring ok this morning. We will see how long it lasts before clogging.

Well, got through about a day and a half without a clog, but then, it clogged yet again. I guess perhaps the combustion blower will be next. I guess $200 is cheaper than a new stove.

penguins1 said:
Changed out the two combustion blower gaskets last night. Seemed to be buring ok this morning. We will see how long it lasts before clogging.
So the gaskets made it to you OK?
We have blowers in stock now. Well for at least now. depends on how many we sell this weeks.

I know this is a long shot but if I read this posting right, you have this stove flued up a chimney right? Is the stoves flue duct go all the way to the top? If not, this could cause a back pressure that doesn't allow the stove to burn right. Just a shot in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.