Pellet stove insert for small room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shoe0402

Dec 15, 2015
Pennsylvania
hi guys my wife wanted to add an electric fireplace to our living room but I was going to try and find a pellet stove insert for the room for better efficiency. The room is about 500 square foot. So looking for something to keep the room warm and not use electric or our oil. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

hi guys my wife wanted to add an electric fireplace to our living room but I was going to try and find a pellet stove insert for the room for better efficiency. The room is about 500 square foot. So looking for something to keep the room warm and not use electric or our oil. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

I gave a space about that size, with a Hartman p35i. Love the stove,especially the thermostat control. It dies a real good job keeping the room within a degree or two of the set temp. Just feed it pellets and let it run.

Reactions: Mt Bob and Shoe0402
There are a lot of p35i and early accentra inserts out there,yet you never see them on craigslist,or see problems here.That would be a good thing,in my mind.However,if you are in the northern mountains,a bigger insert might be the thing.