pellet stove install in a 32ft fithwheel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
O yes. You can see my homemade power pole in the first pick. It's all about redundancy. I just lost power from heavy storms here about a month ago. Was out 2 times in one week. Total of 4 days and I had no generator at that time. (lesson learned) got to keep the stove running in the winter. Pipes freeze fast in an RV..

What hydro rates are they charging....trying to do some heat pump calculations for you. Might be cheaper to run than pellets on cool days..

View attachment 136097 View attachment 136098 hi everyone. I would like to bust the myth that you can't install a pellet stove in a fithwheel. This is my install in progress. First off I know its not CODE to install in a RV. But everything does meet code on the inside. I am a full time RV lifestyle and the winter propane and electric was at about $1600 A winter. The stove is a Harman accentra $2800 new. Keep in mind that I am not on the road. You must add support under the slide out floor. The stove is 400lb loaded. I will try to load more pics soon. Not sure if all got on here .There will be a 3000 watt inverter install running off four 220 amp hrs 6volt deep cycle battery. And a honda 3000si generator for the long term outages. I will post another thread when it gets cool enough to fire it up. If you don't here from me that means things didn't go so good. View attachment 136099View attachment 136097 View attachment 136098View attachment 136100 View attachment 136101View attachment 136102
Where did you get the kit for your fire place ? And how much

View attachment 136097 View attachment 136098 hi everyone. I would like to bust the myth that you can't install a pellet stove in a fithwheel. This is my install in progress. First off I know its not CODE to install in a RV. But everything does meet code on the inside. I am a full time RV lifestyle and the winter propane and electric was at about $1600 A winter. The stove is a Harman accentra $2800 new. Keep in mind that I am not on the road. You must add support under the slide out floor. The stove is 400lb loaded. I will try to load more pics soon. Not sure if all got on here .There will be a 3000 watt inverter install running off four 220 amp hrs 6volt deep cycle battery. And a honda 3000si generator for the long term outages. I will post another thread when it gets cool enough to fire it up. If you don't here from me that means things didn't go so good. View attachment 136099View attachment 136097 View attachment 136098View attachment 136100 View attachment 136101View attachment 136102
Does anybody know WHERE TO GET THIS KIT for the wall with the fresh air and exhaust vent...would be great thanks

His looks like the Harman kit,but most pellet stove pipe manufacturers offer a wall flue kit with built in outside air,and one sells a double pipe system,outside air comes in around the internal flue part.

Reactions: Overfireinthehole
If you want it to be even closer to code you could anchor it to the floor and ground it. I’ve seen wood stoves in busses so at least you aren’t that crazy.

Wake up,be alert,research.The original poster has not been around for over 3 years.
I was posting it more for the benefit of anyone who looked at the posting because of today’s posting. People in my area are bad about not looking into modular installation specs. Not that it matters since he’s breaking code anyway.

I think you are behind the times,the modular s I have built foundations for are welded to the foundation supports.The original poster was/is in a camper.Most all Trailer/moveable installations require a bolt down installation,and grounding wire.All of this is immaterial,as the post you are referring to is over 4 years old.Did you not think a guy in a camper did not bolt the stove to the floor?

Reactions: Mnpellet
I think you are behind the times,the modular s I have built foundations for are welded to the foundation supports.The original poster was/is in a camper.Most all Trailer/moveable installations require a bolt down installation,and grounding wire.All of this is immaterial,as the post you are referring to is over 4 years old.Did you not think a guy in a camper did not bolt the stove to the floor?
I really don’t know but apparently you think I’m an idiot for sharing information I thought someone might find useful so I guess I’ll stick to reading what other people post and keep my thoughts to myself.

His looks like the Harman kit,but most pellet stove pipe manufacturers offer a wall flue kit with built in outside air,and one sells a double pipe system,outside air comes in around the internal flue part.
Thank you for your help.....i like that flue kit how its set up would like to have the same one to do my stove in my fifth wheel. Would you think that is for a mobile home ? About the same thickness as a fifth wheel ?

Hey Dan....what vet kit did you use ?