Pellet stove on this morning but outside temp went from 37 - 80.4 today in Salem NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

What a temperature swing today! At Approx 5:00 AM this morning to approx 5:00 PM tonight

43.4 Degrees in 12 hours !

Anyone else see this?

Attachments

• IMG02549-20120512-2040.jpg
    IMG02549-20120512-2040.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG02551-20120512-2042.jpg
    IMG02551-20120512-2042.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 162
I'm done as well. The last bag I have will go on next year's stash. Now that winter is over, we can all enjoy New England's second season....it's called Getting ready for Winter

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
In my raised ranch, the downstairs can get too cool and damp so that pellet stove will go on from time to time until it gets to air conditioner time. That also takes care of it, but I hate stale air from air conditioning.

In my raised ranch, the downstairs can get too cool and damp so that pellet stove will go on from time to time until it gets to air conditioner time. That also takes care of it, but I hate stale air from air conditioning.

Does the dampness create any rust on the pellet stove?
Keeping touched up with paint can help if needed.

Do you think my Pelpro needs a little touch up? LOL

Attachments

• pelproHHPP2BDbeforePainting1.jpg
    pelproHHPP2BDbeforePainting1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 146
  • pelproHHPP2BDbeforePainting2.jpg
    pelproHHPP2BDbeforePainting2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 139
Yeah, this morning at 5:30 it was 39 and at 3:30 this afternoon it was 72. Have not shut down the stove for the season yet. It was kinda nice having the house at 70 with frost on the lawn. Not sure if I am going to be able to shut down at all.

Hello

I stopped using the Wood Pellet Stove in the house because we have a split and the attic is very well insulated.

So now I have to go out to the shed so I can still use the pellet stove out there! LOL

I had the shed up to 105 Degrees last night trying to see how hot the stove I just picked up gets! LOL
387 Deg F on Heat Level 5 and this morning the shed was still 60 deg F inside even though it was 37 Deg outside. LOL

But now I am insulating the shed more and more. The roof is done and 3 walls are done. I also have R8.9 Dow Tuff-R 1-3/8" thick with foil on both sides under the 3/4" PT floor.

Today my neighbor gave me some 1" Tuff-R he had left over from a basement re-do.
So I put it in the Triangle. See pics
> > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/shed-roof-thermal-relief-for-winter-summer.84824/#post-1120410

yea Don... i was shitttin pickles down here in Ma. after putting all my veggie gardens in and hearing about this possible freeze the other night !!! i think i got away scott free though :p some crazy NewEngland weather trying to come bite us in the azz again LOL

mid 60's inside at 5am sat. morning....fired up stove and let it run till the few pellets we had in there were done,and let the stove shut down......will not open another bag of pellets unless needed.......till fall....LOL

Shut one stove down a couple of weeks ago. The other has been run during some cool evenings and early mornings. Hope to get to the deep cleaning of the shut down stove today. Had windows open all last night,so I'm fairly certain we are done with burning till fall.

We have our bedroom widow open about an inch unless it below freezing outside. Can't sleep at all in a hot room. Another good reason for heating with pellets is the cooler back rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.