Pellet stove piping question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Deanna12062979

Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I put in a new wood floor over the summer and placed a pad of brocks down to put my pellet stove on. The pipe that goes through the wall is now about 2 inches lower than the pipe attached to my stove. Is there a flexible pipe I can purchase to attach the two, or do I need to cut a new hole in the wall?

Attachments

• 20201021_054215.jpg
    20201021_054215.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 118
I put in a new wood floor over the summer and placed a pad of brocks down to put my pellet stove on. The pipe that goes through the wall is now about 2 inches lower than the pipe attached to my stove. Is there a flexible pipe I can purchase to attach the two, or do I need to cut a new hole in the wall?
So I had this hooked up for the past 2 years as is. Last year I had some problems. Is this not hooked up correctly? (Mind u the stove pipe fir directly into the pipe in the wall previously)

Attachments

• 20201021_082523.jpg
    20201021_082523.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 20201021_082702.jpg
    20201021_082702.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 157
Woah....is there a clean out T anywhere in that horizontal...that’s a fire waiting to happen!!!!

Woah....is there a clean out T anywhere in that horizontal...that’s a fire waiting to happen!!!!
No. I dont think it does. Would you suggest getting a whole pellet stove kit and redoing the piping? Would it be ok to put the hole in the wall above the stove so the pipes would go vertically up the house above the stairs instead of horizontally under the stairs?

Thank you guys so much for your input. I was trying to find someone to service it at the end of last winter and the company's down here dont know much about them.

No. I dont think it does. Would you suggest getting a whole pellet stove kit and redoing the piping? Would it be ok to put the hole in the wall above the stove so the pipes would go vertically up the house above the stairs instead of horizontally under the stairs?
i would redo it all... bring it up and get it away from the stairs.. Thats just a accident waiting to happen. If it were me i would bring it up to the top of the wall inside the house so its well above the stairs... Hard to believe that passed any type of inspection. Of course looking at those stairs they did not pass a inspection with no hand rail. Over here you would never get approval for stairs with no hand rail

I always recommend going up before going out,for 2 reasons,1- even one foot of rise helps keep smoke out of the house if power goes out,2- that way you can always replace stove with any other stove,and not have the issue you have right now. Also, the termination(end) of the pipe does not need to be very far away from the side of the house,look in your stove manual for instructions.Also consider a clean out T fitting.