Q&A Pellet stove problem.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

My pellet stove ( 1992 QUADRAFIRE, MODEL 1000), will fire up for the first burn, but will not continue to burn after the first cycle, unless I adjust the thermostat. I've replaced the thermostat and the thermocouple cover ( it was cracked). Would you have any idea of what can be going wrong? Its our only source of heat.

Answer:

It does sound like a problem in the control circuit. Try the wiring.....hook the thermostat to a short length of wire near the unit. If this works, then you know the wire to the thermostat is bad...or too long.

Otherwise, I'll have to refer you to the manufacturer at http://www.quadrafire.com

Status
Not open for further replies.