Pellet Stove Problems....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet Newbee

Nov 15, 2017
Rhode Island
Hello Hearth.com! As my member ID states, Im new to the pellet stove community and I plea for your input / help with my situation. I am not new to stoves in general, have been burning wood for over 10 years but recently I inherited a pellet stove from a friend and installed in my shop. I knew the stove had issues (not running, auger not feeding) so first thing I did was vacuum two cats worth of pet hair out from the back of the stove. I should probably tell you that this stove is somewhat of a no-name, Danson's brand. After cleaning out, I put some pellets in the hopper, and vuala! Houston we have ignition! I installed the unit in my shop and second attempt to light stove would go through normal start up procedure, but after four or five cycles of the auger, it would stop feeding pellets. To Youtube I go! I learned that the vacuum switch could be the problem so I jumped out the leads to prove my theory. Once again the stove ran flawless. I just got a new switch in yesterday so I immediately swapped it out. The auger worked perfectly and the stove went through its start up process but after maybe 5 or 6 cycles of the auger, the fan that blows air onto the burn pot to keep the pellets burning lowers itself and the flame, instead of resembling a blast furnace in turn just dances like a lighter. I took the advise of a friend and jumped out the "proof of flame" sensor but it did nothing. Once again just to amuse myself I jumped out the vacuum switch and it ran perfectly no problems at all. Is there any advice or ideas anyone could offer? I really appreciate your help in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

got any pictures of the stove?