Pellet stove question from a newbie to pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some parts to this out in the garage. I'll have to see what all I have got.

I agree about needing a good thorough cleaning. I guess I'm going to have to tear into it.

Do I for sure need a new ESP?

I also need a solid front to the burn pot? (I plan on burning pellets only)

Can I lose the auger extension? It's pretty worn out anyways.

Also...I believe from what I've heard that this stove was initially set up to burn 100% corn....could the settings need changed or checked to make sure they are correct for burning pellets?

I don't need the extension but to burn straight corn. The open end(as I shown in earlier pic) will allow the burnt pellets to spill into the ash bin. I would bet the exhaust fan and the exhaust path are in need of a serious cleaning to breath properly. ESP seem to be doing the job right now. Lets work on first giving the stove and venting a proper cleaning. Fuel setting for pellets should be around 4 or so. Starting the stove in 3 or less makes it think its burning corn.

Ok. I switched it to room temp and it has been burning great and putting out heat for 30 minutes. The temp probe is not hooked to anything and was just laying on the floor-which is cool, so I put a bag of pellets over it.

Ok. I switched it to room temp and it has been burning great and putting out heat for 30 minutes. The temp probe is not hooked to anything and was just laying on the floor-which is cool, so I put a bag of pellets over it.
Usually a room temp probe not hooked to the stove will set off a blink error at least in our present and past PC45.

i have the same stove, but not the experience bio or daksy.
I'm using the tall end plate on the burn pot, i light mine manually and when i dump in pellets the tall end plate keeps the pellets from spilling into the ash pan. I've not noticed any drawback to having it in place.
As for the stirrer, if you leave it in you won't have to dig out the carbon that will collect in the end of the auger without it in place. If you can weld the stirrer would be an easy fix, more than happy to measure one up if you need some info, your being in ohio i'd guess there's afew corn fields around.
The corn pot has 1/16" holes, the pellet pot has 1/8" holes. A new corn pot is about $60, i'd guess the pellet pot is the same but less shipping since the holes are biger and it weights less? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.