Pellet Stove Sales Must be Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that oil will skyrocket after the first cold snap. I could be wrong though.
The first heating season in our home, we spent close to 3,000 dollars in oil to keep warm (1000sq ft cape cod circa 1940). Last winter I switched to pellet fuel only and spent 750 for the season. I'll probably just stick with pellets and keep the oil furnace as a back up.
Your oil heater is probably not very good at burning or delivering heat and its pretty common with older systems before more engineering was used to optimize both.

My 2 cents is that oil will probably stay low till after elections.

Reactions: wpgibson
diesel stocks tend to diminish affecting prices at the end of the year with increased harvesting and HHO demand.
if one is going to correlate cause of oil prices and elections let's start blaming increased CO2 in the atmosphere for obesity too.

Reactions: killie11
Was at a local fair today.
Pellet stove dealer thats there usually has people at his booth "3 rows deep".
This year you could hear the crickets chirping at his booth.
I didnt see one person there each time we walked by.

Reactions: UpStateNY
I do like lower oil prices but I do not want to see the pellet industry go down the toilet if prices stay low. I suspect pellet prices can go down a little but not enough to make a difference right now compared to oil. People need to see significant savings to invest in a stove and deal with the hassle of loading and cleaning it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.