Pellet Stove Scraper Tool Advice Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minnow

Oct 27, 2006
Upstate New York
Any one here come up with a better tool to scrape the burn pot on their pellet stoves ? I've got the Harmon Accentra Insert and the lame tool supplied just bends and is now basically worthless. As you fellow Harmon owners know there is quite an angle to get the scraper into the burn pot and a straight tool such as long screwdriver just doesn't make the grade. Anyone come up with their own home designed tool that will work ? Thanks so much !

The pellet units I have seen come with a small putty knife to do it.

I went out and grabbed a set of screwdrivers and a stout gasket scraper/putty knife tool.

The screwdrivers of various size knock the clinkers out and the putty knife/harman tool knock out anything else and I use it to scrape the sides.

I wen't through many things. Finally went to lowes bought a 12" screwdriver and tweaked the blade to match the angle of the scraper, cost was about $7.
It keeps your hands away from the fire too...

Attachments

• scraper tool.jpg
    scraper tool.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 787
Status
Not open for further replies.