Not open for further replies.
  1. ylomnstr

ylomnstr
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

May 28, 2008
    Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    So I recently installed my pellet stove and upon firing it up the past few nights, i saw a decent amount of smoke blowing out the bottom of the tee. Not knowing any better, I used some high heat silicone and aluminum tape to seal the bottom of it better, but now I'm realizing that the bottom of the tee is used for cleanout. Now that I've done that, am I going to have a problem with the cleaning? Also, my tee had to go on a 45 degree angle in order for the pipe to line up right. The dealer said thats fine that way. Is this going to be a problem?

2. Panhandler

Panhandler
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 24, 2008
    Loc:
    WV Northern Panhandle
    Although my tee is not on a 45, I just disconnect it from the stove. I stuck a piece of garden hose in the hose of my shop vac and then a more flexible piece of tubing about half inch in diameter to reach down into tee. I also use this for cleaning parts inside stove including the combustion blower.

3. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I hope not....I'm doing the same thing w/ my stove. Stove pipe dealer didn't seem to have a problem w/ that set-up.

4. Shane

Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2005
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Won't be a problem at all. In addition you can usually clean the tee out fairly well when the combustion blower is pulled. Sometimes taking off the tee cap is necessary but not always.

5. coreystaf

coreystaf
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 3, 2008
    Loc:
    Southwest CO
    just for future reference, the HT silicone will be really hard to get apart if you need to take the cap back off, hopefully you can get in another way. What I do with the tee caps when they smoke a bit is just take the cap out and lay in another ring of 3/8 or smaller stove gasket on top of the original gasket that is supposed to seal the cap. Its hard to turn the cap the first few times, but you will always be able to get it apart that way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.