Pellet Stove Tests

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way, you aren't putting your hand on it, ok, and you won't find a cat sleeping on top of it LOL, like you might see in some peoples photos..
Exactly. Now you can put your hand on it to pick up a poor crispy kitty. Beef jerky style IF you catch it quickly. My Bad!​

Theses stoves get HOT and radiate plenty of heat. Much like a well fired old school wood burner. You can boil water. The kicker is that they throw tons of heat via blowers as well. Many pellet stoves bodies stay cool and do blow the heat. Where is all the radiant going is my question?

We hope to do some more testing later this fall with really high and really low quality pellets to see how much emissions, efficiency and maintenance are impacted on these stoves. John

Hi, first I'd like to say thank you for your time and advices

I was amazed with all of the detail info you came out with the test you made on pellets stove, but only after looking at the picture in the Background and Testing Details, I stop reading it, I found out that this was probably not much of a scientist test. Please my advice would be; first, you should get knowledgeable people from each company or at least basic knowledge so that all stove would be set properly prior of making such test. Just by looking at the picture bellow, I can assure you,... that the Piazzetta was not set properly,

cleaning test.JPG

none of my customers stove would get that ash sponge like on the picture unless I want to, oh! I did fund some on this forum, pore customers.... they had their stove delivered but not installed and neither adjusted just on Hearth forum you will find many post that I have interfered in for that same issue. The result you are getting on this picture is due to a bad settings of Program 3 and 12 called ‘’auto cleaning’’ cleaning intervals and cleaning time, also by a lack of air from program P16 to P22. I can reproduce this problem or ash sponge, on demand with any Piazzetta stove with in a period of 24 hrs if the stove is not set properly. If you ever want to make a better test with a Piazzetta, and don’t know who to turn to, call me, you should get something very different as a result. The Piazzetta stove are one of the rare stoves that as a fully adjustable combustion fan, from 1000 to 3000 rpm at every level, and this make all the difference, but you need the knowledge to set this stove. I’m sure that Ravelli would also have score better. Can’t say much for the other stoves they have almost no adjustments. And by the way, I own a P962, and I almost never clean the grate but I need to empty the ashtray every 5 to 6 days, again, once set up properly. and please dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that you are not professional but just that you do not know, like many people, how to adjust all the parameters that a Piazzetta offers.

Regards
Pascal Maertens

Last edited:
This post is called Pellets stove test, and to be very honest I dont think that test are really significant. from my experience I have been working in electronic store many years ago and there was always some people testing products, for an exemple in my country we have a "protect your self" like called review. but who really are these guy ? cant they just be paid buy the companies that they are testing the products of ? finding a good dealer that knows is product, and that you know will be there for you, when you need it, is far more important then the product it self usually if you find this dealer he will also have good product cause they care for their customers.

I now work in the stove industrie for nearly 9 years. When I get to have a new stove offered by my rep, I need to test that stove and trie to bring it to it's best, this does not take a day. I need to believe in this product prior considering to sale it to a customer. I went from Quadra to Enviro, Drolet and this last one is made in Quebec fine, but it offers nothing more then a Quadra or Enviro but the price that is much less. Then came Piazzetta, at first I tried to hook it up just like I would do for a Quadra or Enviro plug and play with no major adjustment, there was my error. a Piazzetta for a dealer comes with two manual one for the customer and one for the installer, by installer here I dont talk about installing the stove and chimney but to adjust the stove. and believe me when I look at all the Piazzetta issues I have help on this forum, they all turn around the same ting adjustments. it took me one month before I could say that I was satisfied but after now fore years of selling this product I can now assure you that a Piazzetta will be a good stove for just any customer whit in 2200 sf house well insulated. the only "b mole" I would give is the window after just 6 hours the glass will have some ash deposit on it and there is not much to do for this. if you want more information on this product just have a look at my sticky post;

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/piazzetta-pellets-stove-a-to-z-recommendations.147362/

If you have any question regarding Piazzetta product please fell free to e-mail me, till next time regards
my english may sound strange to you or be badly spelled , you have to know that I live in Quebec and am french
Pascal Maertens

Status
Not open for further replies.