Pellet Suggestions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loveb788

Feb 8, 2014
Pennsylvania
My area is currently experiencing a pellet drought... I normally burn Energex or Hamer pellets through my Harman XXV stove, except for one time I bought Ozark Hardwoods from TSC and had a bad experience. I currently can't get Energex anywhere, so I am going to have to suck it up and get something else, or burn some oil.. :/ I finally tracked down a store somewhat local that just got some in, they have 2 choices, Lignetics hardwood for 245 a ton, and American Wood Fibers White Pine for 265 a ton.. I keep getting mixed reviews online.. I know I shouldn't be picky.. I can't help it.

The lignetics have red writing on the label? The AWF white pine have been getting overall really good reviews.

My area is currently experiencing a pellet drought... I normally burn Energex or Hamer pellets through my Harman XXV stove, except for one time I bought Ozark Hardwoods from TSC and had a bad experience. I currently can't get Energex anywhere, so I am going to have to suck it up and get something else, or burn some oil.. :/ I finally tracked down a store somewhat local that just got some in, they have 2 choices, Lignetics hardwood for 245 a ton, and American Wood Fibers White Pine for 265 a ton.. I keep getting mixed reviews online.. I know I shouldn't be picky.. I can't help it.
Using Lignetics hardwood here in my Harman and happy with them.

I'm not sure what color the bag is for Lignetics..He just told me they were hardwood, and the AWF were white pine.

I'm not sure what color the bag is for Lignetics..He just told me they were hardwood, and the AWF were white pine.
Bag is mostly white. Yellow, red and green lettering. Only two types, hardwood and Firestarter impregnated.

Just went through 10 bags of the AWF and while very little ash they didn't "slide" down the hopper at all and I would come home to a cold stove with a 2/3 full hopper. I wont be buying them again, don't feel like babysitting the stove.

Just went through 10 bags of the AWF and while very little ash they didn't "slide" down the hopper at all and I would come home to a cold stove with a 2/3 full hopper. I wont be buying them again, don't feel like babysitting the stove.

This is what I'm reading a lot of.. I, too, don't like babysitting.. The whole point of my purchasing a pellet stove was for its simplicity as compared to tending a wood stove.

This is what I'm reading a lot of.. I, too, don't like babysitting.. The whole point of my purchasing a pellet stove was for its simplicity as compared to tending a wood stove.
No such problems with the Lignetics so far after over a ton.

I bought mine over the summer at $235 a ton. So far no complaints. Only pellet I'd buy over them are Blazers but only saw them once here in seven heating seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.