Pellets feed too fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ConnecticutBurner

Dec 21, 2019
Connecticut
I’m new to pellet stoves. Came with the house we bought. Whitfield advantage II insert. The pellets feed too fast. End up filling the burn pot up if left alone over night. I have the feed all the way down. Combustion all the way up. Still ends up filling the burn pot. I’ve cleaned the stove extremely well. Disassembled and cleaned. The auger turns on every two seconds no matter what setting it on. Seems too fast to me. It also has a thermostat hooked up to it. I would like to remove it. I’m assuming just put a jumper wire accross the red and black connector. I’ve tried three different types of pellets and they all back up. Help!!!

Think of your thermostat as a simple on/off switch. It turns your stove on when the house is cold and off when warm. I doubt the stat is your problem. Sounds like you need more combustion air. Not familiar with your brand of stove but make sure you have plenty of air to fully burn the pellets in the fire box.

Oh, did u clean with a leaf blower?

Reactions: Ssyko
Lack of oxygen flow either from the source or the from the exhaust. I'd make sure you fully clean the exhaust venting. I have had this issue in the past where I wake up and it's all choked up. Normally just need to do a good cleaning and it's good to go. I'd also see if you have a way to increase the max combustion fan speed from a dealer settings screen (instead of the normal settings screen). I don't know your stove but my stove has this option.

Just did the lbt to mine after running 2 weeks. Looked like a diesel trk. Unreal what came out. 20191221_124052.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko
could you maybe post a pic of you control board.. the auger timing should change with each heat setting.

this is depending on which board you have
Auger timing chart.jpg