Pellets for $231.00 per Ton Delivered in Pennsylvania (4 Tons)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy1971

Jul 10, 2008
Orange County NY
My neighbor just called me to let me know that the Home Depot in Matamoras, PA is selling Stove Chow pellets at the following discount:

Buy 3 Tons get $100 discount - (3 * $250 - $100) + $75 for delivery = $241 per ton ($723 Total)

Buy 4 Tons get $150 discount - (4 * $250 - $150) + $75 for delivery = $231 per ton ($924.00 Total)

I was going to jump on this but I'm stuck on Lignetics Pellets. I can get Lignetics for $270 per ton delivered ($1080 Total). I've never used Stove Chow before but my neighbor has and he said they are OK but have alot of ash. He's the guy who introduced me to Lignetics and I'm hooked. I know I can save $150 going with Stove Chow but I prefer to go with what I know.

teddy1971,

I haven't tried the stove chow pellets, But have heard there pretty good. I doubt there as good as the lignetics.

You could go with 2 tons and get 2 tons of lignetics. This would offset the total cost of your seasons pellets. Burn the stovechow this fall and next spring when it isn't as cold. Save the lignetics for the colder days.

This has worked for me present and past. I have 1 ton of premier pellets( an OK pellet) and 1 ton of O"malleys (close to the premiers). They will be used in the spring and fall. I have 1 1/2 tons of Turmans I will use when really cold weather comes.

If I bought all Turmans I would have paid $1050 for my pellets. Total I paid $240 for the O'malleys, $260 fo the Premiers and $450 for the Turmans. My season total $950, So I save $100 total. And stayed below my $1200 pellet budget for the season.

This is just another way to offset the cost of burning pellets. Not much but it helps.

jay

P.S. I haul my own pellets so that also saves me some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.