pellets from tractor supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Hunter

Hearth Supporter
Dec 19, 2009
N.B Canada
How are the pellets from tractor supply? One just opened near me and the price for the amount I buy is about 400 bucks cheaper there, I burn eastern embers now, an enviro omega 4 years and never one problem yet, just clean it once every 10 days, clean the flue in the spring and lots of heat, don't regret buying it for one second, love it.

TSC is very regional in where they get the pellets. I checked some out when in Fargo and would not have used them for fuel or bedding. Piles of fines.

If you snap a cell phone pic of the UPC barcode on a bag, we might be able to tell you where they were made.

I burn TSC pellets from Pine Bush, NY store.
Great heat, no clinkers, and little to medium ash.

I got some from the Southwick, MA store. The first ton was okay, the second is crap. Black grainy ash, very little heat. The stove, running on level 5, is only producing level 3 heat, although the pellet consumption is at the level 5 rate. The output temperature is a good 150º less than good pellets. I'm getting clinkers, too, which this stove rarely gets. If it wasn't such a hassle, I'd have taken them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.