Pellets not burning completely Englander PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes this and 3 hrs! IMG_20150110_180519823.jpg

I was having the same issue for about a month...cleaning everything, tear it apart, blame all kinds of things. Finally I had a breakthrough...I was using a piece of garden hose attached to my vac (which I had tried a few times already) and went up heat exchanger from inside the ash tray hole and found a blockage...really heard the vac bog down. Then I ran the leaf blower trick and cleaned the exhaust blower (dont forget a gasket) and we are back to a sharp flame with no build up! Even blowing more heat now since the exchanger has better air flow.

I was having the same issue for about a month...cleaning everything, tear it apart, blame all kinds of things. Finally I had a breakthrough...I was using a piece of garden hose attached to my vac (which I had tried a few times already) and went up heat exchanger from inside the ash tray hole and found a blockage...really heard the vac bog down. Then I ran the leaf blower trick and cleaned the exhaust blower (dont forget a gasket) and we are back to a sharp flame with no build up! Even blowing more heat now since the exchanger has better air flow.

I really want to get a leaf vac and do that. I used my shop vac with a modified piece of hose I bought from the local farm store and got it as clean as I could with that. Seems that my combustion blower is having a big issue now. I have ordered a new one so hopefully that will take care of some of this problem. Glad yours is running better, it makes life so much nicer lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.