Pellets, Pellets, everywhere around Augusta, ME

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utilitrack

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2008
Central ME
Drove by several places in the last day or so and saw skid after skid of pellets- Wally World- Natures' Heat by Pennington $287.50 ton. Alternative Heating Solutions- State St in Augusta, Agway in Farmingdale, Campbell's True Value- Farmingdale, Harvey's Hardware in Gardiner- Did not prices not brand other than Wally World, but it seems like the shortage has subsided.

Utilitrack said:
Drove by several places in the last day or so and saw skid after skid of pellets- Wally World- Natures' Heat by Pennington $287.50 ton. Alternative Heating Solutions- State St in Augusta, Agway in Farmingdale, Campbell's True Value- Farmingdale, Harvey's Hardware in Gardiner- Did not prices not brand other than Wally World, but it seems like the shortage has subsided.

More like the mills are starting to catch up. Just look at how many people on this board bought pellets in the last two months. Look at how many people bought new stoves. I been hearing 300% increase in stove sales overall (wood, wood pellet, corn, and yes some natural gas). We added an extra stove in our house.

Now that the demand is not so great it will cause the price to drop some. You have to remember that the retailer will not go below the price they paid unless they need room for seasonal products. I have been getting anywhere from $5-$15 per ton a month price increases since July. Also take note if the pellets are stacking up right now and If the price drops and you buy them for next season, the pellets have been stored outside for how long. That causes the density to break down. When you burn them next year you will cry how badly the pellets burned and blame them on bad production.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.