pellets won't stop feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sheriann127 said:
Harmon P61 --about 10 years old, won't stop feeding pellets, flames are dangerously high because the stove is turning white it is so HOT!

Turn the feed rate to zero, open the windows, and pull the plug.

Didn't Harmon use safety snap disc's like we have today ? Or some over temerature shut down limit control ? I would take Smokeys advice, and pull the plug on that rascal .

Nicholas440 said:
Didn't Harmon use safety snap disc's like we have today ? Or some over temerature shut down limit control ? I would take Smokeys advice, and pull the plug on that rascal .

yes, they have a temp limit control, but not snap switches. There is a ESP in the exhaust measuring temps and controlling quite alot of stuff.....my money would be on cleaning the ESP first, if that doesnt work, replace it, if that doesnt work, replace the circuitboard.

Lousyweather said:
Nicholas440 said:

yes, they have a temp limit control, but not snap switches. There is a ESP in the exhaust measuring temps and controlling quite alot of stuff.....my money would be on cleaning the ESP first, if that doesnt work, replace it, if that doesnt work, replace the circuitboard.

agree with this,
my harmon did the same thing
the ESP was caked up with a gummy substance
although usually if the ESP is bad the blowers wont run, i think
mine has been fine since doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.